Sunday, August 3, 2008

Week 6

Evan is six weeks old today! Since we don't have to go to the doctor until August 11th, we don't have any updated stats for you. Although, we did go to Goore's to buy an Ergo carrier and weighed him on their scale. On Sunday, with his onesie and diaper on, he weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces.
I have picures of his visit with Papa and Grandma McClure, and his first shower with daddy. Ben was so excited afterward because he thought that he would never experience Evan snuggled as closely and contently with him as he is with me.
Evan also got his first pacifier this week, and that has helped tremendously with making it two hours between feedings. He also nursed for 7 whole minutes today without the nipple shield (yay!), which means we are one step closer to introducing bottles. I am able to write this email because he is taking his second independent nap of the day which means he is growing up, and almost ready for daycare. It makes me nearly sick to my stomach to think about leaving him all day (so I try not to), but meeting Donna last Friday makes it all a little easier. She seems really down to earth, and I think Evan will be the center of attention in her house too.
I also included some pictures of him in brown because he just looks so darn good in brown.
I have been cleared to exercise, and the smoke finally seems to be clearing, so hopefully Shadow and I can start our daily walks again soon.
Love you all, and look forward to hearing from you.





No comments:

Post a Comment