Monday, August 4, 2008

Week 9

So, I am trying something new and different for me, a blog. I got the idea from my friend Nicole who actually started hers when she found out she was pregnant. I realized I have been doing the same thing, just via email. This way you can choose whether you want to see the Evan updates or not, and visit as often as you like.

In week nine we worked a lot on sleeping without momma or daddy. He sleeps on the couch for some of his naps now, and he even took a 50 minute nap in his crib!

Evan also had his first bottle this week. Ben really enjoys being able to feed Evan, and I am taking advantage of the time to pump since we are trying to get that stock pile ready for my return to work.

Evan has also been working on neck strength by getting tummy time in or sitting in his Bumbo chair (only a few seconds in that still).

Evan met Burt, Holly, Cris, Martha and Aidan this week.

Evan no longer has that premie look to me. He has lots of rolls and two chins! He is smiling a lot more now, and not just because he has gas. We have tried to capture this in photos or video, but not had much success yet. He is also starting to hold on to things like his pacifier and us.

I have included a new picture of him in his carseat, I think it really shows how much he has grown.

Enjoy!

















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Shauna, Evan is absolutely adorable. I received the birth announcement yesterday. His feet replacing the "V" in his name was the cutest. My youngest daughter, Nia, wanted to carry his picture around all night. She LOVES babies. We need to have a Lee family reunion soon so everyone can get together. It's been ages. Isn't motherhood grand! There's nothing like it. Congrats again...I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete